Monday, March 21, 2011

Day #46: Based on a true story

I was in the studio working away and wondering what to do for the blog today. I'm itching to post up one of the new puppets, but they still need some tweaks (and they need to be dry!).

What to do?

That's when the phone rang. It was my ten year old daughter, calling past her bedtime.

"Hi, mom."

"Hi, Sweetie. What's going on?"

"Um...I lost my tooth and Daddy is asleep already."

"OK...you lost a tooth?"

"Uh-huh."

It dawned on me a moment later. "You are worried that if you don't tell me that maybe the tooth fairy won't figure out that you lost a tooth tonight, huh?"

"Um....well...uh-huh."

So tonight I will get home and need to make a special delivery to underneath my daughter's pillow.

Before we hung up, my daughter asked me what my puppet was for the day. I told her that I hadn't figured it out.

"Maybe it could be about my tooth?" she suggested. "Maybe you could even make a tooth fairy puppet!"

Of course, I can totally make a tooth fairy puppet. Thanks for the inspiration! So here we have it -- our sparkly tooth fairy.




Wings!
(For those of you who have been visiting a while, you might recognize the head...yes, it's the same head from Gramma of the Little Red Riding Hood finger puppet series! If you remember, I had to attach the head with Velcro so I could "disguise" the wolf!)

Good night! I am heading home to figure out what the going rate is for a molar...

3 comments:

  1. Aww, I guess she's at about that age where she knows, but doesn't want to?
    The going rate for my teeth when I was a kid was, I think, whatever change my dad had in his pocket.That meant I'd always wake up with an assortment of coins and had to practice my math skills to find out how much. It was nicely unpredictable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The unpredictableness is great -- but only if you establish it early. Sadly, Thea believes that teeth have a relative value depending upon her age, the size of the tooth and how long (or short) it takes to come out. It's sort of our fault. She did (in all seriousness) do the string-on-the-doorknob trick. She didn't tell us before hand, just after she succeeded. I've heard of people doing that, but thought it was just an Urban Legend. I mean, have you ever heard of anyone doing that? Well, now I know someone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, now you know two people. I did the same thing when I was Thea's age. Only once. Once was enough, but yeah...I did it.

    ReplyDelete