Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day #69: A Scarf Marionette

Yesterday, I whipped up a marionette from scraps in the studio. But there is a type of marionette you can easily make from a square of silky fabric -- a great introduction to marionettes. The scarf marionette.

I've made scarf marionettes before, and thought I should get around to putting one up on the blog. Here we are!

One piece of fabric, wooden balls, head ball, string, dowel rods...
Tricky to capture motion when you are manipulating the puppet and holding the camera!

 I thought about placing directions here, but I found some online... Directionss for making one of your very own! Great for children!

View from above...sort of.

1 comment:

  1. I love the look of the fabric's "flow" on this one. It doesn't seem like you used the "standard" form on this scarf puppet. Would you mind sharing how it was put together?

    ReplyDelete