Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day #51: It Came from my Husband's Desk...

A few days ago, my husband shared (in a most public forum) the lovely story of how I had him call my cell phone to help me locate it only to find it in my, um, pocket.

I don't know if this counts as the revenge that I promised, but today's creation was spawned from my husband's desk.

I have to say that this wasn't that much of a challenge -- I could clearly create a dozen or so puppets from his desk. I'm sitting at it right now and can see three juggling balls, dead batteries, coins galore, a mint, a money pouch, a twist tie, a metronome, wine glasses, an empty Virgil's Orange Cream Soda (ew), sunglasses, keys, a lady bug our daughter made (it's really cute), more keys, a yardstick, a lollipop wrapper, a baseball, a dead cell phone, protective eye-wear, a nerf ball (OK, I think I put that there), nail clippers, a cuticle remover (his, not mine), and (of course) office supplies like pens, hi-liters, paperclips, speakers, and paper. That's the abridged version. Oh, there is also a casting of a deer's hoof print.

Mint man! Mint head, paperclip body with twist ties as needed.
Mint Man hanging out on top of the paperclip box.
To the left you can see the giant ladybug our older daughter made when she was around five years old!

So today I made a paperclip, mint-headed marionette-ish puppet. I say "ish" because I didn't make an actual control rod. It sort of reminds me more of a suspended limberjack. What's a limberjack? It's a puppet/rhythm instrument that looks like a dancing man on a board. Check the limberjack link for a really great example!

P.S. Just to be clear: This was fully created on Saturday, but my camera battery was dead and needed to recharge.



1 comment:

  1. Maybe you should make a whole series of puppets from desk stuff and leave them all over his desk, artfully arranged...? What happens if one of them gets into the wineglasses?

    ReplyDelete