Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day #19: Angling for a cuppa

Watch out Nemo...
I know, I know...Today's puppet is really strange. I think it's because I was at the studio today doing some cleaning, organizing, and rearranging. After the retreat at Pocosin, I returned to the studio and everything seemed to be in a state of disarray. I also had time working in a different studio space while at Pocosin, and it made me rethink how I want my space to be arranged.The way I build puppets has been evolving, and I realized that I needed to set up the space to reflect this. It's still a work in progress, but it's progress!

But, back to the tea-ball. I made this scary angler fish using a tea ball, some wire, and lots of beads that my sister-in-law gave to me when she moved out of her condo in Boston. (Thanks, Katy!) It took a lot longer than I expected (which is, I suppose, to be expected) to finish this one. It was tricky getting in between the thin wire on the tea-ball.

I found a box full of lights...


Udderly ridiculous!

A cozy place to rest your head!

The wall we allow children to paint on during our open studios.
I did have a productive time today -- and it's the kind of productive time that will help me be more productive later this week.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Great idea and so fun.

    The wall painted by children is sweet.

    Really enjoyed this post, Heidi. Congrats on getting reorganized. I could stand to do the same.

    ReplyDelete