Monday, January 10, 2011

Getting Excited!

I woke up this morning and trundled down the stairs to the stove. I was in the mood for tea, but my husband is a huge coffee addict, so I started to boil lots of water. I stared off into space, and my eyes settled on the kettle my husband uses to brew his coffee. He uses one of those cone filters over an old camping kettle. We used to use one of those glass Melita pots, but after numerous episodes of leaving the burner on and cooking an empty glass pot to the cracking point, we gave that up.

Anyway, I started thinking about my upcoming 365 project -- infinitely more fun than thinking about all the unpacking we still need to do -- and realized that if you inverted the kettle, it would look like it had a moving mouth with the spout making a perfect Roman nose...a puppet!
Future puppet? (No, I didn't find my camera...I just found this image.)

Part of me wishes I was starting now, but I quickly realized that I don't know where the camera is...making picture taking a bit difficult. But I've been thinking of so many different types of puppets I could make and so many different materials to use. It's been fun looking at all the shapes found in large blocks of Styrofoam in some of the boxes we are unpacking. My husband just raises his eyebrows, shrugging, as we create piles of things to take out to the studio. Things destined to become puppets.

It's way too exciting -- I'm sure I am going to drive my family crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment